- What we do
- Travel management
- Simplifying your travel
- Cutting your travel spend
- Traveller safety
- Meetings & Events
- Greener travel
- Our technologies
How to... create a travel policy
Need to put together your company’s business travel policy and not sure where to start? Or just need a few tips from the experts to tighten up your policy?
A well-thought-out travel policy is the easiest way to achieve savings on your travel programme. Carlson Wagonlit Travel can help you create your travel policy, cut costs and benchmark against others in your industry. Sound good? Read on...
Before creating your travel policy you need to ask...
- How is my current travel programme performing?
- Is it meeting objectives (savings, sustainability, satisfaction)?
- How does it compare to similar organisations in your industry?
- Is a business case needed for change?
- What do I want to achieve?
CWT recommends that your travel policy should cover...
- Booking processes
- Payment procedures
- Service delivery
- Reputation management
- Carbon reduction targets
How to make sure your travel policy is successful...
- Clear traveller and booker guidelines
- Links to detailed information where needed
- Stakeholder buy-in is secured
- Regional variations are taken into account
- Communication is regular and relevant
- A structured monitoring and review process is in place
Need more tips to help create your travel policy?